SUPERIOR PAVING (posted 5/24/19)
Superior Paving Corp. is an award-winning asphalt company servicing the Northern Virginia area. We are currently hiring for all paving crews, plants and CDL positions in Leesburg, Centreville and Gainesville.
All applicants must be available to work weekends, nights, and overtime. To see a full listing of positions and to view the job description visit our website www.superiorpaving.net.
- Equipment Operators (Screed)
- Unskilled & Skilled Paving Crew Laborers
- Plant Operators & Plant Laborers
- Asphalt Field QA Technicians
- Asphalt Lab QA Technician
- Dump Truck Drivers (Class B CDL)
Click on the link below to apply today.
SUPERIOR PAVING CORP. IS AN EEO & AA EMPLOYERMINORITY / FEMALE / VETERAN / DISABLED
FINLEY ASPHALT & CONCRETE (posted 5/9/19)
Site Superintendent has the responsibility and authority for daily coordination and direction of the project, so that it is safe, within budget, on schedule, and meets quality standards.
Site Superintendent Experience & Skill Requirements:
- 5+ years of Superintendent experience, managing civil/site work construction projects for private owners and state/local governments
- Knowledgeable regarding all aspects of site work/drainage
- Ability to provide a safe work environment through creating a culture of safety for the project and holding each individual on the project accountable for safe behavior
- Experience supervising crews on earth-moving/grading and utility projects including sanitary, storm and waterline installation
- Experience with organizing, coordinating and supervising the work of all subcontractors
- Ability to determine work priorities, and coordinates work activities with all necessary parties to ensure that the project remains efficient and on schedule
- Experience with reading and understanding project plans, specifications, contractual requirements as well as knowledge of the materials, equipment and tools necessary to layout and complete the work
- Ability to demonstrate proper equipment & tool use, calculate slopes, percentages and elevations
- Possess great organizational, management and communication skills
- Problem solving and strong analytical skills that can be applied in resolving complex situations in the field
- Confidence in identifying productivity issues and taking action to resolve them
- Should currently have or previously obtained Training and Certifications including: First Aid/CPR, OSHA, Confined Space & Trench
- Strong ability to build relationships, influence others into action and work exceptionally well under pressure
IPR NORTHEAST (posted 2/26/19)
Heavy Equipment Operator/Foreman – Underground Utility Construction
Washington DC Metro Area
IPR Northeast is currently seeking candidates for Heavy Equipment Operators. Projects primarily consist of civil construction, earthwork, and underground utilities including sanitary, storm and waterline projects. Projects will be throughout Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia.
Heavy Equipment Operator will be capable of operating multiple types of earth moving equipment, such as, Excavator, Loader, Dozer, and other heavy civil construction equipment as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Heavy Equipment Operator must clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed
- Engineering and survey skills: setting up transit, level, eye level, basic blueprint, able to read and understand grade, compaction ratios and densities
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
- Perform slope excavations and understand soil types
- Safely operate heavy equipment in close proximity, above, underneath and beside existing utilities including high voltage electrical, high pressure pipe lines and infrastructure without causing damage to other utilities or structures
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- May be required to use hand signals to direct equipment operators.
- Advise supervisors of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Participate in routine maintenance
- Practice workplace safety
- Carry out job duties and responsibilities while maintaining ABCI values
- And other duties assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:Knowledge of Civil Construction, Earthwork, and Utilities. Ability to manage time effectively and provide innovation when needed. Willingness to understand corporate and industry practices and standards, processes and activities.
- CDL License
- OSHA 30/First Aid/CPR
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Knowledge of heavy equipment safety
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality
- Civil Construction experience preferred.
- Heavy Highway, VDOT, MDOT, SHA experience preferred.
- Familiar with grading, drainage, bridge construction, stream restoration, design-build, utilizes and other civil construction scopes
- Creativity and innovation a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Passion for the work and industry
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
FORT MYER CONSTRUCTION
JOB OPENINGS - Please click below for full description
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribe to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants and/or employees are considered for hire, promotion, training opportunities, and work assignments, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, nation origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal or local laws.
PAYNE'S LINES AND SIGNS (posted (1/23/19)
Payne’s Parking Designs, Inc., Virginia’s leading Pavement Marking Company is seeking skilled and unskilled road striping and parking lot technicians. REQUIREMENTS: You must pass a pre-employment drug test; possess a valid driver’s license; be willing to work evenings, nights and weekends; have reliable transportation and be able to lift 50 lbs consistently. A High School diploma is preferred but can be replaced with proven experience in this trade. Benefits: Employee Medical, Dental, employer sponsored life insurance, 401(K) with generous company contribution. Please apply in person or on line to www.payneslinesandsigns.com M/F/D/V an EEOC employer.
Payne’s Parking Designs, Inc.
5313 Ritchie Road
Bealeton, VA 22712
LCS SITE SERVICES (Posted 7/11/18)
LCS Site Services, LLC is a full service site preparation, demolition, and excavating contractor serving the Washington Metropolitan area located in Woodbridge VA. We are looking for outstanding employees to join our team and are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- Project Manager – 2+ years experience in the construction/site development field
- Senior Estimator - 5+ years experience in the site development field
- Dirt Foreman
- Pipe Foreman
- Pipe Layers
- Skilled Laborers in the construction field
- Equipment Operators – bobcats, track loaders, 2+ years experience in construction field
- Class A Truck Drivers - at least 25 years old/minimum 5 years commercial driving experience
- Low Boy Drivers
- Dump Truck Drivers
The successful candidate will be a hard working team player who is able to work a flexible schedule in order to meet all our customers needs. To join our team please email your resume and/or qualifications to Michele Birrell email at email@example.com or via phone at 703.372.2461.
WILLIAM A. HAZEL (posted 6/26/18)
LABOR POSTITIONS AVAILABLE!!!
William A Hazel Inc., is currently seeking skilled and unskilled laborers for Punch Crews.
- Adjust manholes to proper specifications
- Adjust water valves
- Hand dig for utilities
- Hand mix cement
- Set up silt fence
- Move material necessary for the completion of the job
- Use pick, shovel, or broom
- Flag traffic
Please click on the link below to apply.
William A Hazel, Inc. is currently seeking candidates for shop mechanic and Caterpillar mechanics. Job requirements include:
- Must have 1-3 years’ experience with hydraulics, diesel engines, and transmissions
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- Must have valid Driver License (CDL not required)
- Must have reliable transportation to facility
- Must be able to physically perform job with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to pass drug/alcohol test
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- Long/Short Term Disability
Please click the link below to access our application.